Thursday, July 17

Brownout? Make Good Art

Two days ago, Typhoon Glenda was ravaging Manila. Of course I didn't go to my day job. It was scary, I could hear the strong wind howling. I prayed for everybody's safety while the windows in my room kept rattling. There was no electricity. Brownout. Boring. So I thought about "Make Good Art". Make Good Art is an inspiring quote from Neil Gaiman. It was one of the best commencement speeches. I got inspired after watching that video years ago, I made this felt-cutout-embroidery immediately.
Here's an excerpt from Neil Gaiman's speech:

Instead of worrying about the weather, I grabbed my tools and pulled a table near a window where a bit of sunlight was still available. I've been wanting to try the Das Air Dry Clay I bought from Hey Kessy. I made some Totoro ornaments and figurines. I looove Totoro! Obvious ba?
I also painted some ceramic pots and little clay houses for my dish garden.
I will be joining the 10aAlabama Art Fair soon and I'm glad that I have lots of new items to sell. It was a day well-spent. So next time work and classes are suspended due to another typhoon... Make good art. No electricity? Make good art. If you haven't seen Neil Gaiman's speech, watch it here. A must watch for any artist or anyone who hopes to live a creative and inspired life.

❤lotsalove,
femi

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you absolutely! A moment away from technology, work or distracting routine is a chance to practice/ discover art. For me, it's like meditation.

    Mabuhay and Keep it Up!

    It's inspiring to see wonderful projects like these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...