Sunday, July 27

Pocket Garden

Weekends are never long enough and I really enjoyed this one. I decided to stay at home and work on my pocket garden. As Annie Lennox would say: "Here comes the rain again... So I moved my succulent plants here. Too much water is bad for these drought resistant plants.
I'm glad I checked my cacti because I was able to save this little fellow. It was beginning to rot around the base.  It was sitting in water-logged soil -the soil that came with it when I bought it.  I replaced it with my personal cactus soil mix. This cactus is going to be fine in no time.
Finally, I was able to plant the cactus seeds Arvin gave me. I was expecting more seeds from this pack. The packaging was too big for the amount of seeds it contained. Although I shouldn't complain, I got it for free. :)
These are all the seed from one pack. They're so tiny! They look like black sesame seeds. I planted them in a small  2-inch-deep pot.
I can't wait to see them germinate! There's a saying: To plant a seed is an act of optimism.
So, Aja! I'll give you an update with photos of cacti seedlings soon.


If you want to learn more about growing, propagating and planting succulents in dish gardens, join our workshop on August 10, 2014.
It's a 2-in-one workshop. Mansy of Hey Kessy will teach you how to make your very own planter using clay. After that, I will teach you about planting succulents and making your own dish garden. Join us!

Slots are limited so register HERE. 
Clay Planter + Dish Garden Workshop, P3000


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...